top of page
Image by Burst


Following are the questions we get asked most often. If you have a different question that isn't answered here, send us an email or give us a call on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.

What is the service area of Whatcom County Water District 13?

Whatcom County Water District 13 serves Peaceful Valley, Red Mountain, Balfour Village and the campus of the East Whatcom Regional Resource Center.

How much water is included in my base rate?

Each location has 15,000 gallons of water included in the bi-monthly base rate.

How do I stop or start water & sewer service?

Unlike some utilities, water and sewer accounts with Whatcom County Water District #13 are attached to the property where service is provided.  This means the account will always stay in the name of the owner as shown on the property deed. 

If you are selling or purchasing a house in the District, the account will be updated upon the closing of the sale. After the sale closes, the title company will send Whatcom County Water District #13 a copy of the paperwork with the new owner’s information.  The amount of the seller’s final bill is generally paid by the title company as part of the closing process, including the $25 account transfer fee.  The District’s accounting department will then update the account to the new owner’s information without interruption in service or billing.

Income Survey Frequently Asked Questions

When will the income surveys be mailed out?

Surveys will be mailed out by the end of the year.

Why I am receiving an income survey?

Whatcom County Water District 13 needs critical improvements to the wastewater treatment plant, and to receive funding, an income survey is required.

How will the income survey be conducted?

Everyone will receive an income survey in the mail. A second or third mailing will be sent out to the households that don't respond to the first mailing. 

Who will see my information?

Whatcom County Water District 13 will not receive your income survey information. Rural Community Assistance Corporation is conducting the income survey and the information will be kept confidential.

Why should I fill out my income survey?

Your participation in the survey survey is the key to funding eligibility for the most cost-effective way to make the necessary critical improvements to the wastewater treatment plant.

bottom of page